Wednesday, August 1, 2007

10 Years back

I remember making the rounds of the science and arts colleges, collecting and filling out applications, hoping that come May, at least one of them will let me into their campus. This was of course apart from the entrance exams I had written to get accepted into one of the multitude of colleges offering professional courses, in multiple states across the country. So there I was, waiting, to see which course of study I was destined to get stuck with, with an application sent to literally every college I could get an address for.

And then slowly they started trickling in. The rejections from the science and arts colleges. That was the first time in my life, and so far the only time, that I had been rejected on the grounds of having higher than necessary scores!! Thankfully they explained this saying that given my scores I would be ending up in a professional course. Which, after a nerve wracking wait of a few weeks, thankfully happened (if this hadn't happened, without a chance to pursue either of the streams, I wonder what I would have been doing right now!!) And, like they say, the rest is history. Or rather 'My'story. ;)

Now, nearly 10 years after the fact, I still think about it sometimes and wonder what might have been. May be its a sign. That I have not yet come to grips with my present life. Then again, may be its not. May be this reminiscence is just a sub-conscious way of me taking a breather from worrying about the present and the future. Anyway, the only thing I am sure about is that I still think about it occasionally. It happens. And right now I am putting it down here so that I can capture it for posterity. Or for as long as they decide to leave this content floating around in this networked electronic ether.

No comments: