Thursday, August 9, 2007

I have a problem

The problem statement:'How to get traffic to my blog and how to get them to start clicking so that I make cart loads of money and live happily ever after.' The solution might look rather obvious, like 'Write-what-people-will-read' or 'Have-posts-with-keywords' or some stuff like that. But if I were to do the obvious, I wouldn't be writing a blog at all. Let me be very clear. I am not writing to make money. If I start doing that I will not need to go to the gym for weight reduction anymore, I will starve my way to it! Nope, I'm not that stupid. Rather, I want to make money because I am writing this blog. And to find the easiest way of doing that, I have been scouring the WWW (obviously).

That was an unintentionally long explanation for something that is not even at the core of what I wanted to write about today, but then that’s how my ideas wander around, so please excuse. Granted, that I actually don't know what I wanted to write about, but that still was long and it was unintentional.

Ok, so where was I? Yes, I was searching the net for a solution to my money making problems. And as part of that search, I landed up at this place called the BlogCatalog, which is, in its own words "The premiere social blog directory on the Internet". To cut short a very long story, about me registering in, hosting my blog, making friends and all that, suffice to say that my blog is now part of that directory. And I usually go through the discussions on the board there 1. To see if someone has the same problem as I do and 2. To see if someone else provides the solution.

News Flash:
I haven't found an answer yet (am not giving up though. I want the dough!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you keep on enjoying Blog Catalog. It's a great community over there....

Just added you to my Technorati Favorites by the way. Any chance you can add me to yours?

http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.cymru66.com

--Steve

Serena said...

Please let me know too when and IF you found the answer and key to the dough! :D