Monday, July 30, 2007

Faster than a speeding bullet

"It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's Superman!!!!" As kids we must have heard these words repeated often enough. But what got me thinking about the Man of Steel was some other thing in a whole different context. It seemed like it had just been an hour back that I had walked in, early in the morning, half drenched and wishing it was summer again. I had stuff to do (which I kinda hoped would somehow happen on its own) and people to meet and a whole 8 to 9 hours for all of that to happen. And all of a sudden the 8 to 9 hours were up! Where did the day go? Of course the stuff to do and the people to meet parts had been taken care of but still it just didn't feel like it was time to pack up and leave for the day.

If you are thinking why I dragged Superman into this, I am just coming to that. So there I was watching my team mates leave one after the other and thinking about how fast the day had ended and it started me off this path of trying to figure out exactly how I would describe the speed with which the day went by. I was trying to remember the regular cliches-"In a snap", "In the blink of an eye" among others-and suddenly I am thinking "Faster than a speeding bullet"! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the tenuous connection based on which I have invoked the 'Super' name.

My day went by 'faster than a speeding bullet'!! :)

No comments: