Monday, January 7, 2008

A Wish List

Before starting with whatever it is that I plan to write, I want to throw some names at you and see if you can figure it out for yourself. So here goes: Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig. If I think what you are thinking, then I am thinking James Bond. Which, even though being in-your-face kinda obvious, is not the correct answer. Ok, add these names to the previous list and see if it helps: George Lanzenby, Frankie Muniz, Daryl Sabara, Antonio Banderas. Let me be honest here and confess that I don't know what you are thinking. I will just let you do your thing.

Hope you have it figured out. If not, well, don't sweat it because as you knew right at the beginning, I am going to tell you. If you are a half-way decent Google researcher, you would have mixed and matched those names and ended up with James Bond, Agent Cody Banks and Spy Kids. Now what is the one thing these moves have in common? Apart from the spy theme? The toys! That’s right, the cool gadgets that these Super (Ahem!) Spies get to wrap their grubby paws around.

Of course I am no James Bond, nor am I a passable look alike, so my chances of having a Q, or someone like him, making me gadgets similar to those used in the movies is firmly in the realm of day dreams. But since dreaming is the one thing that is definitely within the realm of my reality, I just went ahead and dreamed up a few CG (cool gadgets) that I would like someone to build for me.

The Refresher - I still remember all those times when people would have preferred the company of a skunk with a leaking stink gland to being around me. I didn't understand this behavior, until one of my good friends stayed with me longer than the others and managed to murmur "It's.......socks...............................smell...........................yuck" before passing out. This odoriferous truth brought home the need for The Refresher. A shoe with air vents on the sole. The moment the shoe senses the foot starting to stink, the air vents open to allow circulation. The more the stink potential of the feet in the shoe, the longer the air vents on the sole stay open. Can be fitted to leather loafers as well as to sneakers.

The Shoerella - Have you ever stepped out of the house only to be caught in an unexpected downpour? I am sure all of us must have 'been there, done that'. I am not sure what you hate the most about that scenario but for me it's the fact that my socks and shoes become water logged and take a couple of days in the microwave to dry out. Of course I also absolutely hate having to go about my work with soaking wet inner garments but the wet shoes just about edge out the wet undies in the hate stakes. So that's what this gadget would address. The Shoerella. Fitted to the bottom of your pants, at the first hint of your pants getting wet in the rain, this 'rella automatically will expand into a water-proof casing covering the foot from toe-tip to heel-tip, a la bell-bottom pants. Though I am not really sure how the gadget would handle you wetting your pants for reasons other than rain!!

As you can imagine from the above, I have been having an extremely torrid time with my feet and foot wear, what with the sudden rains in these parts. But those are not the only kind of gadgets I dream of. There are others too, about which I shall elaborate at a later date. For now, though, I shall feel like 007, if I have the two that I have mentioned.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be too displeased if I am given an Aston Martin with a gorgeous blonde inside.

No comments: