Thursday, January 3, 2008

Last Month

There is this strong urge to milk the New Year for as many posts as I can. So far I have been successful in fighting it but I am not sure how long I will last. So, let me make the best of my victory while it lasts. Anyone passing by Noodle House this past month would have noticed something - an absolute lack of activity in this place. Yep, the period from Nov 29th of last year till 1/1 of this year was a full month of total silence from me.

The reason was that I had fallen sick and had to take a break from being active in Noodle House. Falling sick is not something I look forward to or enjoy. I couldn't really pay attention to what I was doing nor could I concentrate on what I wanted to do. Because of which work suffered - both at office and at Noodle House. But in spite of these, I can actually see a silver lining to the dark cloud. I managed to regain everything that I thought I had lost over the last six months. Fortunately, I also got my hands on enough time that I could spend thinking. The 32 days during which I was sick were, more or less, spent thinking about my sickness and I have come to the conclusion that I am not built to handle too much thought. I have also concluded that I better take much better care of myself to make sure that I don't find myself in a similar situation again.

In case you are wondering, I was down with laziness. And considering that I regained all the weight that I had struggled to lose over the previous six months, that silver lining around the dark cloud doesn’t really look all that silvery anymore.

No comments: