Saturday, October 6, 2007

Words and Quotes

Indulge me a little. Please. First read through the list of words I have here:

"Gravitation", "Don't", "First", "They", "Worry", "Can", "Not", "About", "Ignore", "The", "You", "Be", "World", "Held", "Then", "Responsible", "Coming", "They", "Laugh", "To" ,"At", "You", "For", "An", "People", "End", "You", "Fight", "Today", "Falling", "You", "Win", "Then", "It's", "In", "Then", "In", "Already", "Australia", "Love", "Tomorrow", "They".

So, do you make any sense out of them apart from seeing them as random words? Let me toss this list up in the air and see if that makes a difference.**Tosses the words and looks up, open mouthed. Ouch!! "Australia" fell on his head. That must have hurt**

Well, well. After that aerial sojourn, the words seem to read less like a list of random words and more like meaningful sentences. Have a look see below:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love."

:).

Ok so these are all quotable quotes that I happen to like, made by some supposedly well known people. I just had to find a way to write about them and given my boundless imagination and incomparable writing skills, the toss-the-list-of-words-in-the-air technique is what I came up with. Patent and trade mark are pending, so if anyone wants to use the technique, they better get in touch with me with details about my cut.

Anyway, before I sign off, let me also reveal the identity of the quoters whose quotes I have just quoted. That first one is a piece of wisdom from some freedom fighter it seems. I am a bit fuzzy about his actual identity but I have heard him being called Mohandas or Mahatma or Gandhi or some such. The second one is attributed to one Charles Schultz. This guy seems to have had a thriving business dealing in nuts. Mainly peanuts. And that last one, I knew the guy who is supposed to have said it. They said the guy who said this was the same, slightly eccentric guy who explained the theory of relativity. Well, there can be only one person who fits that description. My high school physics teacher. I never knew he had it in him to say stuff like this!

Ok, hope you like those quotes as much as I do. Me sign off now. Adios.

2 comments:

N said...

OK I have a good one I recently came across - during an interview. He said it was a bumper sticker quote, but I think its relevant everywhere. It goes .. " Lead, Follow or get out of the way!!'

OK one more of my favs.."Be the first , best or simply different!"

AVP said...

:o) Hey being different is easy. Trust me, I know.