Sunday, January 1, 2012

Countdown - One


Finally, it’s the last day of 2011. And keeping to the theme of the last week, it’s time for the last list. The thing is, when you have as many things to do, to wish for and to want as I do, you know it’s easy to write lists. But when you are like me with all the wants and stuff, how do make a list of one? We, the wise one and I, have been trying to figure out just that and finally decided we will just write whatever we want to instead of a specific list. Moreover, I am not sure how much of a list it would be with just one item on it! :)

OK, it's not a list. But that still leaves me with the job of figuring out what to write about. There have been so many things that I have wanted to write about through the year but haven’t because I either didn't have the time when I had a subject or I didn't have the subject when I had the time. But mostly, I confess, I had subjects and time but just didn't bother to put finger to keyboard and type it all down. A year is a pretty long time when you look at it in terms of stuff to write about. Especially when the year in question happens to be as eventful as this one had been. I mean, the mind boggling economics of the world or of the Euro-zone in particular, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and Cuba, the revolutions in Egypt and its surroundings, the Bin Laden, the deal with North Korea and Iran, the earth quakes and tsunamis and tornadoes and floods and that is just a microcosm of what happened in the world at large. Closer home, we have had all the regular drama also called politics, anti-corruption movement, cricket world-cup, a win at the world-cup, F1, airlines going bust, scams, bigger scams, monstrous scams and I guess this is after I have consciously made a decision to forget or ignore most of what happened. Obviously it has been a very eventful year. And having not said a thing about any of those all year, it is now a toughie for me to pick something to write here about.

After sweating a bucket (literally) deliberating and thinking about this, I have finally decided on a topic to write about. I am sure it is sufficiently weighty to warrant this post on the last day of the year. So here goes. I am over-weight and I hate it. I have not done anything about it the whole year other than help it along. The thought of my weight has been “weighing” me down and on this day of this year, I have decided to do something about it. This is me doing that something about it – acknowledging it.

I guess this will do for now. I will figure out what else I can do about it in the new year. Ciao and have a good one. :)

2 comments:

Rohini said...

We all love big fuzzy teddy bears!! :) happy new year!

AVP said...

Hahaha. :)